Friday, July 4, 2014

MAC Pressed Pigments - Swatches and Review

Today, I am bringing you another post on pressed pigments but from MAC this time. These are sooo gorgeous... :D

I have here to show you from left to right: Day Gleam, Deeply Dashing, and Jet Couture. They retail for $21 for 3 g of product. Sold at CCOs, MAC (online or in store), Nordstrom, Macy's, etc.


I love these kinds of products. Like I had mentioned in my Urban Decay Moondust shadows post, these really amp up a look and add that sparkle that makes your eyes stand out.

A cool thing about these Pressed Pigments is that they are great on their own on layered on top of a cream or powder eyeshadow. Though, personally, I like to layer just so I can get the maximum amount of pigmentation for my look.


They are so gorgeous! Seriously, it's tempting to buy more... *must resist*.

Below are the swatches of all three. Um, how beautiful are these?!?!?!

*dead*


MAC's website describes the whole range of pressed pigments as "An intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish. Apply dry for high shine or damp for a dramatic wet look".

Personally, I would NEVER use these for face highlighters... haha. Glitter is a no-go for a face highlighting... at least for me because it would accentuate my pores like a mofo. Obviously, Jet Couture is simply a pressed pigment shadow as opposed to Day Gleam that could potentially be a face highlighter.


For my own personal use, I adore these for layering on top of my eyeshadows. They make your eyes stand out and be the focus on your entire look. They are buildable in coverage which is great. Keep in mind the swatches I have provided here are layered on considerably so my readers to see the what it looks like with full pigmentation.

I love these. I know these types of glittery shades are not for everyone but they are great for that extra something to add or amp up your eye makeup :) Or heck, even for stage/theater/halloween makeup, these would be AMAZING!

I hope you found this helpful! Any questions, leave them down in the comments. I would love to know your favorites from this range if you have any or your favorite pressed pigment type of shadows.

Thanks for stopping by as always <3,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment