Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color in #03 Casablanca - Swatch and Review

Well... I purchased my first lipstick from Tom Ford (from the permanent range). I have been eyeing this range since I first laid eyes on Tom Ford and I couldn't justify (at the time) spending almost $50 on ONE lipstick. I only took the plunge on this because I got my Ebates cash back check and well I knew what I wanted to do with it when I cashed it ;).

Some of the shades at my local Tom Ford counter were sold out but I was able to get my hands on one that I truly like. 

Tom Ford Casablanca Lip Color.


I seem to gravitate towards these kinds of colors... I don't know why. *maybe I'm in a constant state of Autumn/Winter* ~Thanks Seattle....~ haha.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the packaging and the bullet itself.


Casablanca is this berry toned, plum-y, mauve-y(?), pink shade. A horrible description on my part haha. Describing color is like describing fragrances...it's impossible haha.

Here is the official description of the color: reddened plum.

It is a cream finish, which is my favorite kind of favorite out there. And it has a slight shine to it.


I love how Tom Ford Lip Colors have the TF embossed at the top of the lipstick. It adds that touch of luxury to it's products. I personally love that little detail in makeup when brands do that.


Here is the swatch of the lipstick. On the left is one swipe of the lipstick and the right was swiped three times to build up color.

It is easy to build up to full opacity with this lipstick in particular and the color is so beautiful.

I wore this today and I applied it at around 8:30 AM. I drank my smoothie, coffee, was at work until 5, and was just busy all day. It wore on me, with slight fading, for an almost solid 6-7 hours.

I went to the restroom at 2 PM and I was amazed at how well it lasted through the drinking and just time passing by. I'm truly impressed with this lipstick and the lasting power of it.

I do realize that spending $48 on one lipstick is not everyone's cup o' tea but if you have money to splurge or looking to try a luxury lipstick. I think this range in general is one to look at. If you are on the fence, go in store or check out other beauty bloggers that have a more extensive Tom Ford collection for other views and swatches.

I hope you all enjoyed this review on the Casablanca Lip Color from Tom Ford. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them down below.

Hope you are all well,
Bianca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment