Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette - swatches and thoughts

I'm not going to lie...I almost did not get this palette. I didn't want to give into the hype I've been seeing online but...I don't have an all matte palette with a variety of colors. And it Cosmetics had their F&F sale a few weeks back and I thought I would give it a try since it would be 25% off.

My opinion of this palette... it is like a B grade palette. The quality is there but it requires a lot of layering and patience packing on the color. Blending is seamless and easy. And it is easy to create a variety of looks.


I hate this fake suede textured packaging. It will get dirty and from what I have seen from other beauty bloggers is that the gold writing peels off. I like the structure, it reminds me off Naked 1 from UD.


It is quite beautiful when you open it up. I thought of this palette as your "not so typical" neutral eyeshadows.

Also, it has a reflective metallic gold with a decent sized mirror that I never use haha.


Ain't she pretty? ... Or should I say... Naturally pretty? ;) haha


What is really cool about this palette is that it has some huge pearlescent transforming shade that will make any of the matte shadows in this palette. Just in case your look is a little too matte.

Here are the shadows:

First, it is a lot of light, natural shades that can be used as highlight, transition, or blending out shades.

Second, we get into the darker, smokier shades. In my opinion, these shades are more neutral to cool toned (except for Java). Great for smokey eyes or deepening up the crease or outer v area of the lid.


Swatches:



My thoughts of the eyeshadow quality, just to reiterate, these are not insanely pigmented like Urban Decay, Tom Ford, or Laura Mercier with one swipe. I had to layer the heck out of these shades, especially the first half of the palette (lighter shades). This is a good and bad thing. You can build up them easily but it takes time. Unless you are cool with sheer washes of color for every day use, this might be for you. I am someone who takes my time with my eyeshadow looks so I don't mind having to continually layer until I get the desired pigmentation.

I do think this is a unique mix of neutral shades that would compliment any neutral palette you have in your collection. This was a huge selling point for me because I was hesitant for a while now and I have not purchased big palettes like this one since Naked 2 so I thought it would be okay to add this to my collection.

Long story short: I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it. I'm glad I have it for sure and it definitely helped that I did not pay full price haha. I just wish it would've blown my mind like some of the other palettes I have.

Well, what are your thoughts on this palette? Do you own it? On the fence? Or not going to get it? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

You can find it Cosmetics on their website and Ulta. Retails for $42 but you will most likely run into some deal with either site like 10, 20, or 25% off :).

Hope you are all well,
Bianca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment