Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My NovaLash Experience

I have been so excited to bring this to you all and hopefully inform you as best as possible about my experience with lash extensions.

I know these are not everyone's cup o' tea but I wanted to try it. :)

Let me start off by telling you why I got them. My lashes were short, thin, and straight (aka the worst haha). My mascara routine was insane... 3 mascaras. One waterproof (to help hold the curl), one for length, and one for volume. And despite using THE SAME 3 mascaras every day, my lashes never looked the same day after day and my lashes were just not that great. 

Before doing this, I did my research and I was very fortunately enough to know someone that I trust that has trained with Novalash on lash extensions application and care. She is my go-to hair girl and she is FRICKIN amazing and talented. (HERE IS HER INSTAGRAM)

She was kind enough to inform me about what to expect, the maintenance of the lash extensions, and everything you need to know. She sold me on the Novalash from the get go after we talked about it, that is when I went to do my own research and I'm soooo glad I went with Novalash.

I went on a ton of blogs and watched countless Youtube videos to learn about different brands, before and afters, experiences, and everything in between. ~sidenote: there are a ton of horror stories out there haha~ So before you take the plunge into getting lash extensions, find someone who has trained with a company, certified, and someone who showcases their before and after transformations. You definitely want someone who is passionate about what they do and is proud of the work they have done in the past. 

So now I'll show you some before and afters from my initial full set to my first fill and second fill :)
*beware...no makeup face* haha 

The first picture is from my initial full set. And you can see my itty bitty baby lashes and then them transformed into some sexy longer lashes.

I gotta say, it was weird to see my lashes look naturally long and pretty. Usually my lashes don't exist when I look straight ahead and after my first session (which took like 2 hours), I was in shock and so happy!


I must say, maintenance on lash extensions was a little difficult for me at first. There was a learning curve with knowing which face cleanser to use or not (look for cleansers WITHOUT Glycol - Aveeno and Eve Lom are great!!), how to remove makeup, and making sure that you are not aggressive with your eyes with these lash extensions. 

In the very beginning, I did not want to really touch my lashes. Due to that, there was some build up and residue from my eye makeup in between my lashes which was kinda gross. No matter how often I brushed my lash extensions with a clean spoolie, the residue would not go away. I have to say, using a foamy or oil cleanser helps with that! Ever since I changed the way I cleanse my face, my lashes look clean and like I just got a fill :). So experiment with techniques and products that best fit your skincare routine.


Picture above: This is my first fill after 2 weeks. Kayleigh, my Novalash girl, recommended that I come in every 2 weeks for the first few fills to help build up volume and length more quickly and I LOVE the outcome. You can see how black and real these lash extensions look.


So here is my second fill and I went 3 weeks from my second fill to this one. I should have gone last week but I was insanely busy that I couldn't. But I love that with every fill, my lashes look amazing every time which I'm so thankful for. 

I want to mention that if you are a side sleeper...the chances of your lash extensions falling off are higher on the side you sleep on haha. Not like you lose 5 lashes in a night, but like one haha. Still sad though haha.

Conclusion - finally right?! - I have had my lash extensions from Novalash for 5 weeks now and I am truly loving it. I have been complimented so many times from my friends and acquaintances on how natural but pretty the lash extensions looked. They didn't even know they were lash extensions until I told them, that comes to show how amazing the quality is. 

I can see myself keeping this up for a while. Maybe through the summer months because that is when our makeup routines get simplified. Having the lash extensions make everything easier. Thanks to Kayleigh and Novalash, I'm soo soo happy with everything and so glad I tried them out :).

Pricing might vary depending where you are from, where they got their training, and who is doing them. You don't want a random doing your lashes and then you not loving the lash extensions. Do your research on the brand and on the person you are considering for this. 

I will update you on later posts on how my lashes are looking. I will be going back in 2 weeks for my third fill and get more fullness in there :).

If there is anything I missed, please let me know! I want to try to answer any questions or concerns you might have about lash extensions. If I cannot answer, I will ask Kayleigh. 

Hope you found this informative and helpful. Thank you again Kayleigh for everything and for being my go-to for everything. Don't know how I'd look without you and your talents :).

Talk to you all soon,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment