Sunday, April 27, 2014

MAC Cosmetics - Proenza Schouler - Sunset Beach blush

I remember when I first saw the promo pics of this collection from (ChicProfile) a few weeks or months back and the first thing that sold me was the packaging. It was definitely unique to MAC by doing something like this.


The first and only thing I knew I had to have were the ombre blushes; one being more pink and the other more peachy.

I know MAC has done ombre blushes before but I'm so glad more were brought out. Since it is limited edition, I suggest picking them up if you can. I don't think you will have much luck from now finding them at CCOs (Estee Lauder brands in an outlet store).

I will say... it's a little over priced. It was $30 for this blush when normally they range from like $17-23 (approximately). You are paying for the snazzy packaging and the Proenza Schouler name. I get a couple of bucks but almost $10? Pfft... I didn't like it.

...though it didn't stop me from buying -_- ...


The compact for this blush is heavy duty for sure. I can say that I prefer the packaging to the original blush packaging because it is heavy, has a magnetic closure, and seems safe for travel.


When you open it up... it looks stunning! I'm a huge fan of ombre effects like this in blushes or other kinds of face powders. They become multipurpose instantly.

To me, this blush was pigmented and not dry feeling at all. I swatched it on my finger and was impressed with the pay off. Especially since I did not read any reviews before buying, I was impressed as first glance.


In the swatch picture above, the top swatch is of the top half of the blush, second swatch is of the very bottom of the blush, and the last one is of the whole blush mixed together.

It's more of a dark pink...kind of magenta? A really pretty color that suits light or dark complexions because you can use a light hand or go more intense; use only the top half or the bottom half; or whatever you prefer.

I'm really glad I picked it up on whim. I didn't want to risk it being sold out haha.

Hope you found this helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them down below in the comment sections.

So, did you pick up anything from the Proenza Schouler collection from MAC or did you skip on it?

Talk to you all soon!
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment