Friday, April 25, 2014

Chanel Reflets d'Ete - New Moon Illusion D'Ombre and Happy Glossimer

Chanel, you did it yet again. You have captured the hearts with a beautiful collection that has something that caters to so many.

Honestly, the collections that Chanel has come up with in the past few years have been real winner and this one isn't an except. This year's summer collection is called Reflets d'Ete de Chanel. 

I purchased two things from the collection: Illusion D'Ombre in New Moon and the Glossimer in Happy.

Safe to say that the whole collection is worth getting your hands on haha but I had to resist. It was hard, I must say.

First off, the Illusion D'Ombre in New Moon. I think it has been very hyped up in the beauty community (Youtube and in Beauty Blogs). Not just in the color of the shadow but the glitteriness that is in the shadow.


Some folks do not like that it has a buttload of multi-dimensional glitter but my oh my...it's beautiful! It can see this as a pop of glitter in a brown or black smokey eye.


In the box, you get a little brush that will help you apply the Illusion D'Ombre (works if you are on the go and in need of a touch up). I prefer to apply these with my finger tip or a stiff, thin eyeshadow brush for maximum pigmentation.



Can we just take a moment and admired how gorgeous this is! I swear, this does not do it justice. You have to see it in person and you will see why so many are loving this.


 Here is a swatch, one heavy and one sheered out. It has this golden, burgundy, copper, taupe color to it. It has different facets and you can see all of that when the light hits it and moves.

Note that when the shadow is sheered out that it becomes like a golden glitter shadow. *still beautiful either way*.

NEXT, the Glossimer in Happy.

I bet you are thinking... psh you spent $30 something on a sheer ass lipgloss? Gurrlll you cray.

Yes, yes I am haha. I purchased this as a layering gloss. Because in the tube, it looks like a bright, neon-ish pink gloss and it applied like a sheer, bordeline clear gloss haha.


It looks so pretty in the tube too. I wouldn't mind getting a gloss this color if it was more pigmented too :P.


So the reason I got this gloss was for layering purposes. I went into my Chanel counter and one of the MUAs used a pink-y nude lip liner all over my lips and applied the Happy gloss on top and I was sold. INSTANTLY.
It might look like nothing on it's own but it's so dynamic when you layer it. And in my opinion, it's perfection for the upcoming summer months.

So, did you pick up anything from this collection? I think I might pick up the Sunny glossimer and possibly the Cheek cream blush :O.

If you have any questions, feel free to answer them down below!

Hope you are all well,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment