Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HAUL: MAC Lipsticks - Swatches of Fanfare and Cosmo

There is something about MAC lipsticks that one cannot help but want to collect them. I was VERY VERY late on the MAC lipstick bandwagon. #ashamed haha

My interest in MAC lipsticks was piqued by the Riri Hearts MAC collection. I have never felt so compelled to get as much as I could from a collection since I first fell in love with makeup. 

But aside from that haha, I have slowly added to my MAC lipstick collection and today I bring to you: Fanfare and Cosmo.
MAC Lipstick in Fanfare - Cremesheen 

MAC Lipstick in Cosmo - Amplified 


Left: Fanfare // Right: Cosmo
You are probably thinking... "hmm, they kind of look the same..." and I'll half agree with you haha. There are differences which is why I was okay with buying them (at the same time haha).

Fanfare is a mid tone pink with a coral undertone with a cremesheen finish. So no glitter, no frost, just a nice creamy formula. With cremesheen finish lipsticks, they are not 100% opaque but they pack a punch either way with a glossy finish. Personally, my favorite finish of lipstick MAC offers.

Cosmo is an amplified finished lipstick that is described as a "pink coco". I think of it as a way more pigmented and slightly more brown-y/mauve version of Fanfare. Do you guys feel the same way...? haha. The amplified line is crazy opaque has a slight sheen to it. Not as glossy as the cremesheens.

I do not think these lipsticks have the best wear time, I have other lipsticks that last hourssss on me, and these ones last about 2 hours or so (assuming you are not drinking or eating). They have that classic vanilla scent which does not bother me and I don't smell it while I wear it.

I do love how they feel on the lips, not heavy and apply effortlessly. I feel that way with just about every line in the MAC lipstick range. Mattes...are a different story haha. But, they are a great lipstick. The product quality and price point makes it an easy product to start collecting :).

Do you have any MAC lipsticks on your wishlist?! Let me know in the comments, I'm always down to add more lippies to my wishlist (which is a never-ending list of makeup products I want to try and own :D).

Take care,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment