Thursday, May 29, 2014

YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush in #5 Rouge Effrontee - Review and Swatch

This product has intrigued me since I first heard about these and even more so when my friend (Mallory1712) made a video reviewing them and demo-ing them on her and well...I knew I had to try at least one. (Video Link - Click Here).

I purchased this at my local YSL counter inside of Nordstrom ($40 USD) and this was the color I thought would be great for the Spring and Summer seasons.

This and other shades can be purchased at Sephora (in stores or online) and Nordstrom (in stores or online).


I'm sure you are not surprised at how luxe the packaging looks. I know I'm not ;).


Rouge Effrontee is described as a bright coral-red and it is a gorgeous shade!



The applicator is quite unique. It is slanted a little bit but also has this space/hole where the product gathers. I hope you can see what I am talking about in the pictures.


I do have to say that the product has a soft and creamy consistency that makes blending a breeze. I do suggest blending it in relatively quickly or you might end up with a patchy application.

This is a VERY pigmented product so build up to the intensity you want. The first time I tried this, I went a little heavy handed and looked like a clown haha. But it was easily toned down with my foundation brush and gave my cheeks this beautiful rosy flush to the cheeks.


For me, it wore all day long and faded evenly. This is a plus because I am someone that does not touch up or do anything haha. So it is easy maintenance and beautiful on the skin. It is a soft matte product so do not expect a sheen or shimmer on the cheeks. 

Also, this product layers really easily and does not make other products apply patchy on your cheeks when this is already on. 

On the lips, it is really bright when you apply it. I would apply a sheer layer at first and layer to my desired intensity. This ensures more of a staining effect, even more so and this product lasts 6 hours on my lips through talking, drinking, munching on some food, and just being out and about. 

I hope you found this helpful and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by, 
Bianca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment