Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hakuhodo Brushes! - My First Purchase :)

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well :). I'm back with something exciting. Today, I'll be talking about my first Hakuhodo brush purchase. It's been a long time coming since I've been hearing about this line of brushes for a looong time, especially on YouTube.

I purchased on the US Hakuhodo website: HakuhodoUSA.com and had no problems with my order or shipping. Shipping costs are a con for me haha; there is no minimum purchase for free shipping. It is a flat rate shipping cost passed onto customers. For US customers, it is $9 Priority USPS Shipping so after it leaves the Hakuhodo warehouse, it should arrive at your door within 2-3 business days. They ship out from California so the closer you are, the faster you will get it.

I am not the most educated about this brand but I have done plenty of research on YouTube and Beauty Blogs about the must haves from the brand. And to be honest with you, no one has a bad thing to say about this range. It is that good. What I do know for sure is that the J and G series of the Hakuhodo brushes are the most affordable. You get AMAZING quality brushes for the price and they should last you years if you take proper care of them; which I already do :). (Some of my brushes are 5 years old and still going strong :D).

For my first purchase, I picked out three eye brushes. Because as a makeup lover, you can NEVER have enough blending/eyeshadow brushes ;). The picture will have the labels and numbers if you are interested in specifics.

 There is how they come packaged. If you order a ton of brushes at once, the brushes will be shipped in a cute box instead of this pod/thingy. Either way, they package their brushes really well.

The brushes come wrapped securely in their own plastic wrap, sealed at both ends to ensure sanitation and whatnot.
Hakuhodo: J5523BkSL, G5513BkSl, and J142BkSL

 Can just admire how beautiful these are?! Seriously, they look and feel luxurious. The top and bottom brushes were $18 and the middle one was $16. So it is really nice to see brushes cost less than $20 for really nice brushes.

I'm also a sucker for white goat hair brushes simply because they look so pretty, sleek, and luxe. You don't see this very often I think and if you do they are super pricey (I'm looking at you Tom Ford....)


Here is a full on view of the brushes. They do have a shorter handle compared to Sedona Lace or MAC brushes but it is nothing too crazy or unmanageable.

The embossed Hakuhodo name is in a silver holographic design and the handles are black with a shiny finish.

I used these brushes within the past 2 weeks and I'M IN LOVE!! I love that they feel SO soft and blend out eyeshadow so seamlessly. If you can check them out in person, only at IMATS and The Makeup Show - trade shows for makeup loves and professionals, do it!! If you cannot, like me, I checked a million blogs and saw many videos reviewing this line. You will run across ones that every one love.

The only downside to Hakuhodo is that if you want to return the brushes, you CANNOT take them out of the plastic casing/wrap they come in. They state for sanitary reasons, they will not accept brushes that have been out or used at all. So I do suggest researching beforehand.

Aside from that, I already have a wishlist going for the next brushes I will be buying from Hakuhodo. I love them that much and wholeheartedly recommend.

I hope you enjoyed this and that I covered everything. If I didn't, let me know! I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have :)

Talk to you all soon,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment