Friday, January 3, 2014

Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 - The True Romantic - Spring 2014

Hey everyone, hope you are all well and happy (belated) new year! *yay*. I thought I'd share with you all a piece of the Bare Minerals Spring 2014 collection. And I must say...the packaging is GORGEOUS! And very on trend with the Rose Gold (seriously how can you not love rose gold?!).

I purchased the Ready 4.0 quad from Ulta's website. It retails for $30 USD. And it's a good value for what you get. It's so pigmented and smooth, the colors are beautiful. It was love at first sight.

Here I'll show you some pictures and swatches of the quad :)

Even the packaging is gorgeous haha

Here is the case it comes with. Soooo beautiful.

love at first sight <3

Top (L to R: Love It and Woo Is Me) - Bottom (L to R: Louder and Head Over Heels)

Here you can see the powder-iness ( this is just hand swatch, it could be different once on the lid)

Woo Is Me - powdery in the pan :\ but who cares! it's a pretty gold/pink duo chrome :D
Description of palette:
Love It - light shimmer mint-y white color. Very frosty.
Woo Is Me - "apricot pink sheen" - it's like a soft duochrome between peach-y pink and gold. It's unique in my opinion
Louder (um crazyyyy pigmented, it's insane) - it's a gold toned cooper shade, metallic finish
Head Over Heels - matte slate/taupe color

Review and Rating: (A-). The eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented and with the smooth texture of these shadows comes powderiness and a little fall out. I just received this today so I cannot say if there is fallout upon application. With simply swatching on my arm, I can tell that I'm going to love it and wear it a lot. The colors work so well together and I can see many different looks being created with this quad. I would recommend it if you don't mind the powderiness. I think if you use a nice primer or eyeshadow base, the fall out and powderiness will be minimized :).

Have you recently picked up anything from the Spring collections (drugstore or high end)? and will you be picking this quad up?

Thanks for stopping by,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment