Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hourglass Cosmetics - Ambient Lighting Blush - Luminous Flush and Diffused Heat - Swatches

Hey everyone! I have something new and exciting to share with you all. If you follow beauty Instagrammers, you will know of the new Hourglass Cosmetics blushes infused with their very popular Ambient Lighting powders. These Powders were released last week; first on the Hourglass website and out of nowhere, it was being sold on Sephora to VIBs and VIB Rouges. I ordered mine on Sephora and received them today :D!

I'm so so soooo excited about this line. The powders look stunning and the packaging is just to die for (figuratively haha). I kind of want them all... but I must resist... *lies to self*. I do plan to pick up two more though but I'll be checking up swatches on Temptalia for the other two ;).

Personally, I own one single Ambient Lighting powder and the limited edition palette that came out during the holidays. I do not own many Hourglass product but that will definitely change soon! (Many things have been added to my wishlist ;)). I love what I own and I cannot wait to try more.

In this post, I'll have pictures of the box, outside packaging of the compact, and images of the powders. I love the marbleized "pattern" of the blush. Makes every one unique.
 Can Hourglass make their products any more gorgeous?! Seriously... They are so beautiful.

Luminous Flush

Diffused Heat
*drooling* - this is why I want to collect all 6...but I must resist the temptation!! haha

Here are the swatches of the two blushes:
I tried to capture the blushes in three different angles, which is why the lighting is a little off in every square. It's funny to see these photographed and having them look similar haha. The left one is Luminous Flush and the right one is Diffused Heat.

Luminous Flush - I think that the blush color is very slightly cool toned but the Luminous Light powder that is mixed in warms it up a lot. In the swatch, it's more of a pink-y shade. I think this is a great winter to spring transition blush.

Diffused Heat - literally love at first sight. This was one I knew I HAD to have in my collection. It's more vibrant than Luminous Light. And Hourglass describes it as a "vibrant poppy" so it's a fitting description. This shade will be perfect for Spring and Summer, without a doubt. I can see this one being a best seller or a shade that's sold out a lot.

First impression: they are SO smooth and build-able. The swatches on my arm are two "layers", this comes to show that they are build-able in opacity and do not skip or apply splotchy. I love them so far and the quality from swatching on my arm makes me love them even more.

So, have you or will you be picking up some of these blushes? If so, what shades?

Since these are a new range of blushes...what is your currently favorite formula and brand for blushes?

I'd love to know what you think in the comments.

I hope I covered everything. I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible so if I missed anything, definitely feel free to leave a comment or question :)

Have a good night/day,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment