Friday, January 10, 2014

L'Oreal Extraordinaire Colour Riche Liquid Lipsticks - Rose Symphony & Blushing Harmony

Hey! Hope you are all doing well. I'm here to bring you the new liquid lipsticks from L'Oreal that have recently hit the drugstore. It is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire liquid lipstick

I purchased these from Walgreens about a week ago (approximately haha) and they retail for $9.99 (plus tax). The price may vary, depends on where you purchase them. I have yet to see them at my Target or Walmart... but Walgreens was on it haha and I was able to get my hands on two. 

There are not that many blog posts talking about these liquid lipsticks so I was iffy on just randomly picking out some colors but I purchased ones that did not seem too crazy and that I knew I would wear.

In the first picture, you will see what the packaging looks like. In my opinion, it looks pretty fancy for drugstore makeup so bear in mind that the packaging will impact the pricing too :\. The only con about this is that you do not see the name of the product so if you do not remember and someone asks you what you are wearing...you won't be able to tell them haha. Which sucks but it's not the end of the world if you don't know the exact name. 
 You can see that the "swatch" is on the packaging itself plus on the sticker. I can say that it is pretty accurate.

In the second picture, below, you will find swatches of the two colors. I tried to capture different angles to show you the dimension and shine that this product has. They are opaque but not so much that you can't work with the product.

The applicator is a tear-drop shape applicator, which I personally really enjoy in lipglosses/liquid lipsticks. It holds enough product on the wand to deposit a good amount of product on your lips, so you are not constantly applying to build up the color :).
Top swatch is Rose Symphony and the bottom is Blushing Harmony (for all swatch pics)
I wore Blushing Harmony to work the other day and I can say that the wear time on these is not great. Though they don't claim to be long wearing or a stain, I half expected a staining effect (I don't know why haha). This lasted about 2 hours on my lips. All I did was drink coffee through a straw and that was it so it's not like I ate or whatever haha. I would assume that if you did eat that the lipstick would completely go away.

So do not expect these to stain or last forever. If you love the color enough and do not mind re-applying every 2 hours or so, then I would totally recommend these! -- I am not one to remembers to reapply so I tend to go for long wearing lip products or stains (that's just me personally though).

When you apply them to the lips, the product does feel thick but not sticky. I HATE sticky lipgloss so this was really nice for me. Easy to apply and not messy either. If you do not like the feeling on a thick gloss on...you might not like these. This is a personal preference kind of thing...

I would wholeheartedly recommend these if they were cheaper though (maybe on BOGO or coupons) because $10 for one drugstore lipstick... eh... I do not know how I feel about that :\. You may or may not be able to find something better in the drugstore with so many brands coming out with new and amazing products basically every month ha. Or save your money and splurge on a MAC lipstick (or whatever you want). It's up to you.

If I had to give these a rating... I would give them a B/B+. They are pretty and nicely pigmented but the short wear time and price point makes me not want to buy more :\

What do you think? Will you or have you purchased from this line? Let me know in the comments :)

Thanks again for stopping by,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment