Saturday, February 1, 2014

Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine lipgloss - 465 Bubble Gum - Review and Swatch

Well hello hello :)

I went to the Guerlain counter at my local Nordstrom and I had an amazing time talking to the sales associate about Guerlain and trying a few things out from them. This was the first time even touching the products. I have heard so much about them and walked by the counter that I did not give them a chance. And now I must admit, now I'm obsessed! - not a brand I wanted to fall in love with...but I did. ;)

I purchased two items and got a sample of a foundation too. I got to say... I made wise choices that day. The lipgloss I'm about to talk about is one of them and the other was the (old version) of the Meteorites in 03 Teinte Dore (which is AMAZEBALLS; though I have yet to compare it with the new formulation).

Okay, let's get back on track haha. The Guerlain Maxi Shine lip gloss in 465 Bubble Gum.

The color description: warm mid-tone pink with golden shimmer. It's a lipgloss that looks great all year round. It's bright but not too bright that it looks weird on the lips. And this lipgloss goes with many different eye looks since you can build up the intensity :).





First off, the packaging is gorgeous, very sleek, and luxurious. The packaging gets an A from me. It definitely looks beautiful on my vanity/makeup desk.

The applicator is a flat doe foot applicator kind of thing. 


It does not feel awkward or stiff when applying this product to the lips. You can layer on the color or apply a sheer coat on your lips. 

Review: It does not feel sticky on the lips. It feels very light weight and is very opaque. What I like about this gloss is that the pigmentation is buildable. So depending on your eye makeup, you can customize the intensity of the bubble gum pink color on your lips. It wore on my lips for about 4 solid hours without any fading or sliding off my lips. When a lip product is long wearing and looks good after a few hours, I do not mind splurging a little more (for example: YSL Glossy Stains - those last 6-7 hours on me :O). 



Where you can find this - I purchased this at Nordstrom and I believe it is sold at other department stores that sell Guerlain. Checking Sephora just now, it is not available on their website but they do offer other shades in the Maxi Shine line of lipglosses. 

I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions or if I forgot to cover something, please let me know. I'll gladly answer any and all questions to the best of my ability :). I'm a Guerlain newbie though, keep that in mind.

Talk to you all soon,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment