Tuesday, February 11, 2014

YSL Gloss Volupte lipgloss - #15 Grenade Pépite

Back to back to back lip products to review...? I need to get my sh*t together haha. If you knew me in real life, you would know I'm not that much of a lip product person. In my head, I told myself that if I invested in nice lip products that I would get into the habit of wearing them regularly and match them appropriately with my makeup looks. Not gonna lie, so far so good! I have been touching up my lip products and making sure I keep them in my makeup bag (speaking of, I might do a blog post on "what's in my makeup bag") :).

Anyways, lets get back on track and get with the product review haha.

YSL Gloss Volupte in #15 Grenade Pepite - described as hot pink with golden shimmer.

In the line, there are 22 shades at retailers that sell YSL products. I purchased mine at Nordstrom.


First off, look at this packaging! It's nothing like YSL has on their permanent range. Mixed metals and that clear vile where you can see the actual gloss shade. It's stunning to put it simply.

Secondly, I think this gloss leans a little coral rather than a straight up hot pink. It might look different on your lips, depends on the pigmentation and your skin tone. Either way, it's a gorgeous color especially heading into spring and summer. I can definitely see this as something I will reach for a lot in the coming months.

Next, the applicator wand is very unique! For me, it's the first time I've ever seen a wand like this. Though I have seen other beauty bloggers mention a similar wand has been used for another gloss. The brand escapes me right now haha. But you can seen in the pictures how cool it looks. It looks and is made to fit the contours and shape of your lips. Makes for easy application :) which I'm all about haha. 




Swatch: 



As you can see from the different angles, it leans a little coral and/or pink. I love that about this gloss.

The golden shimmer is noticeable but it's subtle on the lips. It doesn't bother me when I was wearing it.

Thoughts: it was a delight to wear, very comfortable, and long lasting :). It is not sticky and wore a solid 5 hours on me. I am definitely one to shop around and run errands with a drink in hand and it wore well. It did transfer, it's a gloss duh haha, but that's expected. I definitely would not mind reapplying this gloss as needed being I love the texture and feel of this gloss on my lips.

I think that the range of these glosses come in an array of shades from pinks, nudes, reds, plums, shimmery top coats (gold/iridescent and a black [crazy I know]). I wanted to get them all, not going to lie haha. The display is beautiful and worth checking them out.

I might pick up one or two more... :) But I love trying out new things so we shall see if I come back to this line or try something else from YSL :).

In my lip product escapades, I have not come across a dud in the brands I've branched out in. So whatever your preference is (gloss, lipstick, stain, etc), you can find what you are looking for in the different brands offered at several department stores and drugstores.

What are some of your favorite lip products? Have you pick one up from this line? Let me know in the comments.

I hope that I have touched on all the necessary details and that my review is to your liking. If you have any questions, I'm answer them to the best of my ability :).

Have a good night/day,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment