Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tom Ford Spring 2014 Lip Color in Paradiso

Hello hello everyone :) Hope you are all well!

This blog post will talk about my veryyy first Tom Ford lip product and OMG I can't even. It's gorgeous.


The brand and the packaging of ALL Tom Ford products scream luxury. If you have seen any of the Tom Ford products, you know that the normal packaging is a dark chocolate-y brown and gold. For the Spring 2014 collection, they brought back the 'original' packaging when Tom Ford first released his makeup line a few years ago. With that being said, this collection is LIMITED EDITION. I know some websites are sold out of certain colors: Paradiso, Sweet Spot, and Incorrigible have been the most popular of the eight lip color release.

Okay, onto the juicy deets about Paradiso. This is the one shade I picked up from the release. And believe me I want more...they are just too beautiful. *must resist* ~ kind of easy to resist since Sweet Spot is sold out in many retailers :( and the price haha ~


The color is described as a bring watermelon pink creme. Which in my opinion is a perfect shade for the spring :).

And can we just talk about that TF embossing on the lipstick? Yes? Ok. IT'S SO FANCY! I'm not going to lie, when I swatched it I used the underside of the lip stick so I wouldn't ruin the TF :P.


The packaging is far from cheap feeling and looking. There is some weight to it which, for me, is nice. It feels good in the hand and it's not too heavy either. To put it simply, it feels very luxe. And with the hefty price of $48, you would hope it would feel, look, and apply like a dream. *which is does :)*


I took two pictures of the swatch to show how it reflect the shine. It's not overly shiny, it is a creme but it's not satin nor sheer. It can be built up to full opacity. 

I have heard some people say that this whole line is really sheer and doesn't last well on the lips. I would have to disagree with that. I swatched the lipsticks at my local Tom Ford counter and my experience is that some were sheer, some were super bright (Paradiso and Fire Cracker), and some were more subtle. I think if you are looking into this line, you can probably find something that you'll like. It depends on your preference.

My one Tom Ford Lipstick on display *drools*
Review: this product is super creamy and buildable in opacity and lasts about 4-5 hours on me with no weird fading. I have zero complaints really. At the end of the day, you are buying Tom frickin' Ford and it's up to you if it's worth it. I justify my purchase as it is limited edition, the color is something I would wear, and YOLO haha (I apologize for using YOLO in my review hahaha).

Do you need it? Probably not. If it's within your means to splurge almost $50 on a Tom Ford lipstick, go for it. They are phenomenal. But it's not in your budget, don't worry about it :). It's not a "YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE" kind of product, it's just a nice present for yourself :).

According to Temptalia, Elegant Accent from MAC's Mineralize lipsticks is a dupe for this and it costs around $22 ish. So that is an option for you if you really like the color :).

I hope this was helpful. If I missed anything, please let me know in the comments below.

Did you pick up anything from the TF Spring collection? Or what is your favorite TF product? I'd love to know in the comments down below :).

Have an amazing day/night,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment