Thursday, February 13, 2014

Marc Jacobs Starlet Eyeshadow Palette - swatch and review

Hey there everyone,

I'm here to talk about the only and probably only thing I'll own from the Marc Jacobs line at Sephora. I got this back in November/early December when I got my VIB gift card and to be honest...I have only used that less than a hand full of times. 

There is nothing wrong with the palette, don't get me wrong, but it's not a palette I reach for as often as other palettes in my collection. 


 As you can see the box and packaging of Marc Jacobs products are black, sleek, and compact. Seems like all of his makeup products are not bulky whatsoever. So this is a positive note for MJ products.



 Here is the Starlet palette all opened up. You can see that there is an array of colors to choose from and they are beautiful. My only issue with this palette is...there are no mattes shades. At all.

They are all shimmery, bordering on metallic. Which is a good and a bad thing. I have to reach for another palette or shadow to use in the crease unless I'm going for a one shadow look (which isn't often haha). I'm all about having that definition in the crease with a matte shadow.


 The variety of shades are very much appreciated and they are all cool toned. On my warm skin tone, they really stand out and can sometimes clash if I only use this palette for my eye look.


Here are the swatches. You can see that they are all very pigmented and stand out against my arm. They apply and blend like a dream.

Final thoughts: this is a nice palette but it's not a stand alone, everything you need, palette. The shadows are beautiful and pigmented. I just hate that I do not reach for this palette as often as I should. It just gets overlooked. In my opinion, I think you can get a different palette for the retail price ($59 USD). But if you want to add shimmery/metallic shades to your collection, this could be a great addition. Just depends on what you are looking for. If you want a "go to" status palette from MJ, check out the MJ Lolita palette. I do not own it but I have heard many beauty bloggers rave about it :). 

What are your thoughts about this palette if you own it? What are your favorite items from Marc Jacobs? I'd love to know your thoughts down below.

Have a good day/night,
Bianca xo

No comments:

Post a Comment