Monday, March 17, 2014

High End Blushes - Are you getting your money's worth...?

I was thinking today about how people justify buying certain makeup items, whether it be blush, foundation, eyeshadows; and if it is worth the money.

I thought I would do a comparison post on some of the higher end blushes that I own and compare price per gram of product.

Hourglass Cosmetics, Benefit Cosmetics, Chanel, Tom Ford, and Clinique

I know some people might think that being the pan looks big that there may appear like there is a lot of product when in fact...if you do the math...you might be paying more for less product. And it might actually be worth to spend the extra few bucks by buying from another brand.

My very first Tom Ford item I purchased was a blush and believe me...I couldn't believe what I had spent that much on it. I picked out a blush I knew I could use with every look and something I would reach for on a daily basis (which is how I first justified my first TF purchase) #NoRegrets haha.


Whether you are on a budget or not, it's good to know whether you are getting your money's worth. Think like you are in Costco, the more you get, the better the deal right? Sometimes not haha. I think that concept applies a lot to makeup. The higher price tag might mean less product and in some cases you get way more than you thought.

Some folks do not really think about how much they are getting for the price. So that is why I'm here to compare different brands that have blush lines and see how they stack up against each other.


In the pictures posted, I have featured: Benefit Cosmetics, Tom Ford Beauty, Hourglass Cosmetics, Chanel, and Clinique.

I wanted to show you the amount you get per compact. I calculated on Excel the price per gram and you will see some interesting things from the screen shot.


 If you want a close up view of the pic, click on it. You will see more detail.

I think some of the most surprising in my opinion was Benefit's Box o' Powder as the most bang for your buck. You get a TON of product for the price.

The most expensive was Chanel in both cream and powder formulas weighing in at over $10 per gram :O.

I think something to consider, if you are interested in Tom Ford blushes, is that you are getting quite a bit of product for a not-so-crazy price tag (it could be worse haha). And from personal experience, you only need to dab your brush in once and you're good to go for each cheek. I can imagine my TF blushes lasting me FOREVER haha.

The price per gram in the new limited edition Clinique Cheek Pop blushes rival TF. If you had the choice though...which one would you pick if you had the means? (I would say Tom Ford; personal opinion haha).

Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes are definitely in the higher price spectrum of the ones listed. It's personal preference on what you want in a blush and if you are okay spending that much. Though I must say that you cannot really overdo these, so in my opinion it's fool proof.

SOOO...what do you guys think? Does the how much you get matter or are you just interested in getting your hands on the product?

Does anyone else do these price per gram comparisons...? Just me? Yeah, thought so :P ;)

Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I would love to hear your opinions.

Apologies for the super long post but there was a lot of info to cover.

Talk to you all soon,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment