Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - swatches and thoughts

Sooo Makeup Geek (MUG) shadows...aren't they grand? :)

If you own anything from MUG, you know it's all great quality for the price. These shadows rival and do better than a lot of other shadows you find in the drugstore and Sephora/Dept. Stores/etc.

I don't own many; though part of me wants to own every single color haha. These are kind of like Pokemon.... ;P

I own 12: 6 more colorful and 6 warm neutrals


Row 1 - left to right: Hipster, Moondust, Taupe Notch
Row 2 - left to right: Latte, Frappe, Cocoa Bear

*I bet you are probably thinking about the second row... "they all look the same....". Yeah...kinda... haha


Row 1 - left to right: Burlesque, Sensuous, Drama Queen
Row 2 - left to right: Cosmopolitan, Shimmermint, Envy

SWATCHES:
**Unprimed skin, circled the pan once and then swiped. Did not build up any color.**



Thoughts:
These shadows are really pigmented. If you are on a budget (and heck, even if you are not!), I would recommend purchasing these. MUG has an AMAZING eyeshadow selection that would make any makeup addict want to collect all. There is something (aka a lot) for everyone. 

These shades apply smooth and blend seamlessly. 

Of the ones I own, I adore Cosmopolitan, Frappe/Latte/Cocoa Bear, Moondust, and Shimmermint. 

The ones I'm not over the moon about are Hipster (a little blah and powdery), Taupe Notch (also kind of blah), and Burlesque (the color is the pan is more vibrant and once applied on the lid, it looks dull). But these work as an "all over the lid, blend it, and forget it" kind of shades. 

Overall, these are amazing shadows. And I believe in pan form, they retail for $5.99 and in the compact, it's an extra buck. 

Do you have any must haves in your collection from MUG? Let me know down below! :)

Hope you are all well,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment