Saturday, March 1, 2014

NARS Matte Multiple in Exumas - Review and Swatch

Hello hello,

Hope you are all having a great weekend. It's been rainy and gloomy here in Seattle but what else is new haha.

Recently, I picked up one of the matte multiples from the new and permanent line from NARS. They retail for $39 and can be found at Sephora, Nordstrom, NARS.com, and other retailers of NARS products.

To be honest, I want all of them haha. But not all would suit me and my skin tone. So I picked up the one that would be the most universally flattering for many; which in my opinion is Exumas.

If you have been keeping up with my blog recently, you will see that I posted a blog post on some tips and advice on these matte multiples given to me by one of the national makeup artists for NARS. Which I suggest you check that out ;). Link to post: HERE

So here is Exumas:


 It is described as: a pink apricot shade.


 Seriously...this is a beauty :)


 It looks like a super big tube of lipstick haha.

Here are swatches in two different kinds of lighting.



The feel of this is very velvety and smooth. I think this is one of those products that makes getting into using cream products a breeze. It blends out effortlessly, but keep in mind if you blend too much it will just melt into the skin. Which is what I experienced once. I'm a blending freak so it just kept blending and then it was gone haha.

Though, if you think about it...if you apply too much, you can blend it away to your desired opacity on your cheeks.

These are easy to use...this is a major plus because I've always been turned off my products that require me to use my fingers (I don't know why haha but I prefer using a brush for every part of my makeup application). This is a product that works well with finger and brush application :) * insert thumbs up emoji*

Another point: Bare in mind that these matte multiples and regular multiples differ in quantity with the same price tag. So if you aren't a huge fan of the matte color range, check out the regular multiple line for more bang for your buck. Matte multiples have half the amount that the regular ones do. :(

It depends on what you are looking for, whether you want it in stick form or in a pot like the new MakeUp ForEver or Chanel cream blushes.

If you are still iffy on these, have someone that is experienced with the NARS Matte Multiples help you out and give you tips and have them apply it on you. So you are 100% sure that you want to go ahead with the purchase :)

I hope this was helpful for you all :). If you have any questions on these, refer to my previous matte multiple blog post that I have already linked in this post or ask me in the comment section.

Talk to you all soon,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment