Saturday, March 15, 2014

Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation in #6

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? TGIF right?! (Even though when I publish to my blog it will already be Saturday haha).

I'm here to talk to you about a new foundation I purchased today. I did not buy this on a whim or without testing it out for a little bit. I actually picked up a sample of the Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation when I was in Sephora about a week or so ago and it was amazing! It is very natural looking on the skin (I will post a FOTD post on my Instagram and later update this post when I take the picture). I made a little sample pot last me about a week which is awesome. Depends on the coverage you want, it goes from a sheer/medium to a solid medium, which is what I prefer.

So lets get into the deets :)

*I wear shade 6 which is a warm medium beige for medium complexions.

*Provides a fresh, luminous finish (agree with this! but looks so natural)

*SPF 15 (woohoo!)

*Oil Free

*$42 for 1 fl. oz.

*Link to Sephora's website: Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation


When I opened the box, a little sample packet of their most popular face primer was packed into the box with the foundation. It was a cute little surprise :)


It is a glass bottle so it will be prone to breaking if you drop it. It is heavy so I'm going to assume that a fall from any height could break it :o. When you hold it in your hand though, it feels nice and luxurious.


Close up of the bottle from the bottom plus my shade number.


It comes with a pump! I forgot to take off the cap haha but it does come with a pump which is like 50 bonus points for them. I feel like EVERY foundation should have a pump but for some reason...some brands don't have pumps, don't sell pumps, or make it so you have to buy a pump if you want it >:| .


I did a little swatch for you on the underside of my arm so that's why it looks darker than my actual skin tone. I think this shade in particular, due to it's sheerness, can be used to bronze up the face without it making you look like Snooki or an oompa loompa :P / :). You can see that there is no red or too much yellow; it could give you a nice natural tan look.


Here is the back of the box in case you were interested. 

Alright folks, I'll update you soon on this foundation with a pic on my Instagram (link to that on the homepage of my blog) and I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on this foundation. 

If you are curious about this foundation, get color matched and ask for a sample. There are 10 shades in this particular line of Smashbox foundations :). 

Talk to you soon,
Bianca

UPDATE: http://instagram.com/p/llEOKqn1qQ/ <- head on over to my instagram and see my face improve with this foundation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment