Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige - Swatches and Review

Seems like I cannot get enough highlighters in my life so I added another one to my collection haha. Seems so logical I know :P.

I have been a makeup "junkie" for a few years now and I have never given any of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks a chance and I have no idea why. But better late than never right!?

A couple of days ago, I purchased this beautiful thang from my local Nordstrom and I knew I would love it! 

The golden/beige toned highlighters work best on my skin because of my olive/tan complexion. When I saw this in a recent YouTube video by Amanda Ensing, I knew I needed it in my life. 


When I approached the counter, the SA asked me if I wanted to swatch it or bite the bullet. In my mind I was thinking, "GUUURL I knew I loved it, it's just coming home with me tonight" hahaha. I'm crazy I know ;).


What I love about this Beige Shimmer Brick is that all the shades in the compact are neutral toned so they would look good on a variety of skin tones. And there is a gradient of a very pale golden beige to a bronze. The shades are not too dark so a mixture of all of them would compliment someone in the medium skin tone range. I would stick with the top two for the paler girls and the bottom three for everyone else :).


The compact is elegant and pretty. I must admit that there is excessive packaging but nothing that would stop me from buying it ;).

*Mine came a little crooked haha but it opens and closes fine so I don't have any issues with it (yet).


Here, above, I have the swatches for you. Bottom of my arm is the palest of the shades and working up to the top with the darker, bronze shades.

The swatch at the very bottom is a mixture of all the shades.

All the shimmer bricks are intense. If you want a subtle highlight, I do not think this will be the product for you. But if you want to be glowing and getting your J Lo "on", consider the Shimmer Bricks!

Recently I have been all about that noticeably intense highlight, thanks a lot Amrezy. So this is right up my alley :). For me personally, I LOVE this product and I can see myself reaching for this product a lot during this summer months for that glow :).

What are some of your favorite highlighters? Let me know in the comments.

Hope you are all well,
Bianca :)

Update:
I thought sun light would help my photos but I didn't realize how greenish it looked until after I posted my initial review so here is another pic of the swatches!

The swatch all the way to the right is all the shades combined :)

No comments:

Post a Comment