Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in #10 Willful - Review and Swatch

I was itching to get another Tom Ford lip product but I wanted to test out the Lip Color Shine range (that kind of reminds me of Chanel Rouge Coco Shines but slightly more pigmented). 

I was swatching up a storm at my local Tom Ford counter and I was torn between Nubile and Willful. I was on the verge of playing it safe and going with Nubile since it was a nude, every day kind of shade but right as I was about to make my decision, I sprung for Willful instead. I'm crazy haha and indecisive. But I'm so glad I went with Willful.

Willful is this bright strawberry red that is PERFECT for this time of year. It really lights up your face in a way I couldn't believe. It gives your complexion this healthy look. Crazy, I know, since it is a lip product but it's the right kind of shade for the spring and summer months.


With the Lip Color Shine range, these retail for $48 (instead of the $49 of the Lip Color range). These line is more hydrating as it has a special blend of oils that conditions and moisturizes your lips.


The packaging on these Shines is thinner and sleeker than the normal Lip Color range. I like both packaging but the Shines actually fit in the little hole/space in my lipstick holder! haha


As you can see, it has that classic mahogany and gold casing. It is quite heavy (for a lipstick) despite the sleeker packaging.

It does not have TF embossed like all the other TF lip sticks which bums me out slightly but you'd wear it down with use anyways :P.


Here is the swatch of that beauty. This is two swipes of Willful and it's pigmented enough to warrant buying or looking at it. It is not a glorified, slightly tinted, lip balm. A lot of the shades in the TF lip range pack a real punch when it comes to pigmentation.

Due to the fact that it is a lip shine, the wear time is not as long. Through drinking and snacking on some munchies, I got a solid 4 hours of wear (compared to almost 7 hours with the Lip Color range).

What do you think of Tom Ford's line? Over hyped? Or do you love it? Let me know your favorites or what you have on your wishlist in the comments :)

Hope you enjoyed this quick review,
Bianca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment