Saturday, June 28, 2014

MAC Prep & Prep BB Compact in Refined Golden - Swatch and Review

Last week, I went to a MAC event at my local Nordstrom and I was able to learn a few things about different ways on how to apply face products that help with highlight and contouring and this was one of the MAC artist's favorite new products released by MAC.

This is the MAC Prep and Prime BB Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30 in Refined Golden.



First off, this is incredibly easy to apply. I feel like you cannot overdo this product because of the texture and how little product my brush picks up. I use the Zoeva 126 - Luxe Cheek Finish brush (post coming soon!) and it's AMAZING for this product.

According to MAC, there are 12 shades in this range and they are meant for actual foundation or, in this case, for bronzing up the skin. The cost is $30 for 8 g of product which I think is pretty solid bang for your buck.


In the picture above, the color of the Refined Golden in the pan seems more red than it really is. The natural sunlight messed with the lighting in room but the picture below is a more accurate representation of what the Refined Golden actually looks like; which MAC describes as "finely spun golden bronze with a soft pearl finish".


Do not be alarmed with the "pearl finish" aspect of it. Once applied to the skin, it is more of a satin finish and can become matte if layered on top with a matte contour or bronzer powder.


What is truly cool about this product is how buildable it is and you don't end up looking like an oompa-loompa. On my skin, which is a light golden tan -ish, and this doesn't disappear once I apply it on my skin!! :D.

I definitely recommend checking this out! Go to a store or counter and ask for a demo. That way you get to see how they would apply it on you and you can decide whether you like it or not. It's crazy easy to apply if you have a brush that helps apply and blend at the same time :).

What do you think about this product? Or used anything like it?

I'd love to know your thoughts :),

Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment