Tuesday, June 24, 2014

MAC Tan Pigment vs MAC Melon Pigment vs L'Oreal Amber Rush Infallible

So I think I found a dupe for MAC's pigment in Tan...?

I do not usual come across dupes within my own collection but today was the exception. I was going to make this post comparing Tan and Melon pigment because they are so popular in the beauty community. While I was organizing my collection, I picked up this pressed pigment eyeshadow from L'Oreal and I knew I had to compare them! 

And as you can see they are very VERY close. The only real difference is the intensity of the pigment. Granted that the MAC Tan pigment was swatched dry but if you were to apply it from a damp brush, it would give you the same effect as the Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush. 

The pigments cost about $21 (approximately?) at MAC and roughly $8.99 at drugstores. Though, whichever one you go for, you will get a lot of bang for your buck.

MAC Tan Pigment on the left and L'Oreal Infallible shadow in Amber Rush

So now, comparing all three shades: MAC Melon, MAC Tan, and L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush.

MAC Melon, MAC Tan, L'Oreal Amber Rush - swatched DRY and NO primer

I knew right away that Melon would not really fit into this dupe/product alternative post, but I still wanted to swatch them all side by side so you all can see the differences with the products.

The Melon pigment is more of a gold with the slightest hint of peach running through it. It is definitely not as rose gold as Tan or Amber Rush.


Overall, I love these products. I would not return one just because they are dupes. It's fun to keep in your collection and compare for beauty research purposes ;).

Also, LOVE that MAC has been rolling out these mini/travel sizes of some of their products! I mean, does anyone ever go through a pigment from MAC? Not many people I'm guessing haha they are a perfect size for $10 :)

Alright, what you are thoughts about this? Do you agree with me?
And, did you accidentally find products that ended up dupes of each other? Let know what you have found in your collection!

Take care,
Bianca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment